View Single Post
Old 2007-09-21, 09:08   Link #10
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Animation Quality: 7

The show is mostly talking heads but when it does have movements, it is good enough to do its job.

Voice Actors: 9

I had nothing to complain about them, however those who stand out in my mind are Aya Hirano, Nozomi Sasaki and Misao's voice actress.

Script: 7

On invidual episodes, some scenes were hit and miss, but the overall package was enjoyable enough for me to make the ride worth my time.

Editing: I need to know what it means.

Emotional Involvement: 9

I have grown to like the characters and their quirks a lot; I'll miss them, I admit I just dont have enough of Konata x Kagami Chandler&Joey-like dynamic, or Hiyori's weird fantasies, the sibling-like dynamic of Yutaka and Minami, Patricia's funny accent and perception of japanese culture, Kuroi-sensei's fake kansai accent, I wished to see more of Yukari and Miyuki interactions. Yes, the show left me with a "I want this, I wish that" taste in my mouth.

I do not feel like listing the good and the bad over again (having done that in various threads or blogs), I personally do not see the references as something genius or awful but more like the ice on my cake, so I did not mind them much. While the show did have its down moments, it was outweighted by the goods, enough for me to give it a 9 mostly thanks to the voice acting and the emotional involvement with the characters.
An excellent series, but not the groundbreaking one, and certainly not the forgetable kind as some have desperately forced its fans to make believe.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote