View Single Post
Old 2009-08-10, 03:01   Link #473
Nudvik

I'm going to have to reread volume 9 next so I can give my thoughts on this whole "Slider-tan is Imouto/Tsuruya theory". Honestly, I think both of those sound way off. Right now I think it's far more likely she's either a) A person he knew from middle school, or b) Someone who has never known in this dimension, but possesses imperfect knowledge of though a connection. Similar to how he remembers the Brigade's little Theatre adventure.

I'm also gonna drop my current "Where does the power come from theory" in here:

Kyon holds the core of the data entity.

For me it explains a lot of things, like how a human can have access to vast powers only displayed by the information lifeforms.
Why Kyon is constantly monitored and sought after by the various factions.
Why pretty much every important event attributed to Haruhi involves Kyon in some way. Such as the most important incident 3 years ago where HE was the one to actually draw the symbols. Which he got from Yuki as a card, and knew beforehand what they actually looked like. Did they turn out exactly as Haruhi planned, or did she merely accept whatever crazy patterns emerged?
The reason Yuki is unquestioningly obedient to Kyon, even when faced with angering Haruhi and possibly jeopardising her mission as a result.
Then most recently, why Sasaki and the anti-SOS seem to need Kyon (an apparently normal person) in order to acquire power from Haruhi...

This to me makes a hell of a lot more sense than the whole "Haruhi is a God" idea, since nothing supernatural has ever made an appearance in Haruhi. With everything being explainable scientifically (in the novels). Using that as a premise, the only known source for such a power would be the data entities or something very similar.

P.S. I look forward to getting this theory mercilessly shot down...