Thread: Licensed UN-GO (noitaminA, BONES)
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-07, 01:57   Link #339
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
May I enquire what measure you used to determine Kazamori to be more primitive compared to Data? She is certainly not less intelligent, and the fact that she is self aware is really the line that was crossed. As soon as you reached self-awareness any further "advancement" is impossible to judge, as it is literally beyond human capacity to see past sentience.
If self-awareness is your cutoff, that's fine - I'd not saying that's illegitimate. I'm merely saying that to use Data as an example - a being who has commanded a starship of several hundred crew with no outside direction, created another of his own kind from nothingness and willfully disobeyed orders out of a personal sense of honor rather than Asimov's Laws of Robotics is an order of magnitude more advanced than Kazamori. We don't know everything about Kazamori, that's for sure, but what we've seen points mostly towards an entity that was carrying through his/her creator's instructions for the most part, as well as showing a sense of self-preservation. A reasonable person might call that sentience, but it's not what Data is.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote