View Single Post
Old 2012-09-23, 20:46   Link #53
HowlingTorment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
They knew the BETA were closing in and they were the only ones there. Therefore priority should've been saved Yui, retrieve/destroy the gun, and then high tail it out of there. Not take your time and have a lover's quarrel in the meantime.
Well, if it's just simply going by your priority list: Saved Yui - Check, Retrieve/Destroy the Gun - Check, High Tail it out of there - While it certainly could have been executed with much more urgency and efficiency, the bottom line is that the unit with Stella and Yui was able to escape.

Taking into consideration that the CO (in this case, Yui) was able to make it out alive, and in any military, the CO is always top priority, I'd say that it ends up working out, given the circumstances (low fuel and ammo, a damaged unit, being surrounded, etc.).

And while the dialogue seemed frivolous, given the life or death situation they were in, if anything, all the dialogue served to build up character and the relationship between Yui and Yuuya, and amplified the drama of Yuuya being left behind to serve as a rearguard/decoy of sorts, more or less doomed to the horde BETA. (Though we all know that this isn't happening.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravilar View Post
After Yuuya secured the area ,the only person that should have been using their weapons was Stella, logically when they were escaping they should have been shedding excess weight for fuel economy.

The amount of time they had actually was what Stella was giving them in the form of area denial via firepower, in the previous episode she said I can't hold, then they decided to waste another 3 minutes.

Yuuya is a horrible team mate. Stella did a superb job.
So you're going to argue that after the hangar was secure and Stella took up a watch post, that Yuuya should have stopped using his weapon altogether, much less just dropped it? Really? In what is still a hostile environment? That's just asking for death.

And I'd argue that Stella wasn't much better in regards to leaving the area with urgency either; case in point - while Yui was being exchanged to Stella's TSF, she didn't really attempt to hasten the process, and simply allowed them to take their sweet time.

Also, can you really say that Yuuya is a horrible teammate? As far as I can tell, the only bad decision he made was not putting more urgency into escaping, a problem that Yui and Stella only exacerbated by failing to be more urgent as well with escaping from the base. Although, perhaps due to the communications issues between them, that could have played a factor in how things played out.

Besides, it seemed that once Yuuya realized that his unit was failing him during the take-off sequence, he decided to lay down some fire to give Stella the room to launch safely. I certainly can't fault him for that; he allowed them to escape, something he certainly couldn't have done if he abandoned his weapon.

*shrug* In the end, this whole episode just seemed to serve one purpose, and that was to build up the drama.