View Single Post
Old 2006-12-01, 10:08   Link #15
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I dont get this 1.. Thats how her hair was if you are refering to the ruffled look... She's not miss universe definitely .. so yea.. her hair is a bit ruffled .. but thats why she's sexy ^__^
i know this is the hair style. however, i meant that, due the fact the hair is really bright, and the edge is really sharp around the top right, it gives the feeling that it was butchered at this place.

well, just see below :

Quote:
2) You are using too much font .. some are even hard to read Reduced the number of font used maybe?..)
in fact, i'm really too conservative... thus, i tend to follow the same structure of the fate and nanoha one. i didn't put more font, but i guess the signature has less "space" because of hayate center picture and the cross.

Quote:
3) The girl is too bright.. Unlike my Temari sig, she is the main attraction of the sig .. so I felt that her face is very important IMO. Right now.. the attention is shifted to the staff she's carrying
KiNa KiNa KiNa...why do i feel that you quoted my post pretty early, but you did post some time later?
in fact, i edited my post a while back, and the brightness has changed ^^

well, here you can compare, and i feel the updated version is fine (maybe...)

Quote:
4) Lastly, it wasnt noticeable on a single work .. but when I view your signatures (your latest Nanoha set) and a few more previous latest sig by you (to be sure), it became apparent (at least) to me .. I dont know if you've noticed it as well, but it seem that you have a bit of problem when it came to placing text as a standalone piece (ie like when placing names). You have no problem when the text was meant to blend with BG.

One of the reason, IMO, is that you love busy BG. You fill the BG with too much detail, and when you wanted to put the text, you have not much of a choice left =/ Thats how I see your work currently. Look at your current Rena sig.. I so freaking love it despite not being fond of higurashi.. but tell me where, can you put your name without interupting the flow of the sig =/
haha, you got the point ^^"

in fact, i think the BG is as important as the main subject (since it is a part of the character representation for me ^^; ). it's not like i love especially cluttered/busy BG, but i try to put the highest number of details according to the character, under a certain limit and appreciation.

and since the fonts are tools to describe and gives a message with the pictures (at least, to me), i tend to blend and use them as a detail but also as a part of a BG, like you guessed very well.

as for your question, there is an easy answer to me : nowhere
in fact, you will probably never see a signature from me with a name on it (except the character(s) name), except if asked in requests.
but if i really had to do this, i would remove rena's name and put mine. (but i agree, it would be hard as hell XD)

Quote:
Try using one of the other font for yagami hayate name .. and place it either on top of the staff (above the stand by text)
humm, i dunno. pilling "yagami hayate" with the "set up" thing would leave a lot of emptiness impression at the left edge.
Quote:
-OR-
top right spot. That way, it doesnt have to compete with the left side.. its kinda busy there.
hummm, i tried and wasn't really too good, especially that the bottom is already taken by reinforce II swhertkreuz XD
Quote:
-OR-
the bottom left .. but that you have to relocate the Set up text. push the set up a little bit up and to the left ..so the "S" is near the end bottom of "y" in Ready
that was probably the best choice, but i guess it would be awfully crowded at this place.
so i invert their place, and since the "stand by" group isn't really that important, i can decrease its opacity.

let's see in action (version 2) :

Quote:

3rd version
better contrast. this evrsion doesn't suffer from the lines around the right.
now, the top right hair still bother me somehow

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-12-01 at 10:39.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote