View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 13:34   Link #91
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
No one really said anything about it the first time I mentioned it but let me say it again: Genoace is a piece of junk. The AGE system, as of now, has only provided upgrades to state-of-the-art war machines (Gundam, GN-Exes (which is a copy of the Gundam), and the DIVA). Its perfectly reasonable/possible to believe that the Genoace is already at its operational limit from its normal gear. (Unless, for some reason, the E.F.F. likes to underclock their machines for the lulz, especially something that is on the mass production line like the Genoace. Whereas the DIVA is a brand new unit, unique, and, naturally, can evolve over time.) Hence, the AGE system making anything for the Genoace would be either a waste, entirely impractical, or irrelevant as it would just be reproducing its original gear.

You give the Genoace the DOTS-Rifle, and it blows its own arm off from the recoil.
Great investment.
The federation is underclocking their mobile suits due to the treaty mentioned in earlier episodes, pretty much for the lulz as you said.

And i fully agree on the Genoace being a piece of junk, but the Diva has 3 mobile suits, it would be smart to have 3 useful mobile suits instead of 2, right? Performancevice the Genoace isnt that bad, it just can't hurt the UE at all, Largan seems to be able to handle his own, but he is pretty much fighting a brick wall with a feather, which is sad.

Once again, the Genoace wouldnt blow its own arm off from shooting the Dods rifle, which Woolf showed in a previous episode when he fired the Dods rifle with nothing malfunctioning at all, the Genoace custom and Genoace use the same basic frame, from what we've been shown nothing is changed except the backpack and the top shoulder armor, its safe to assume the Genoace is capable of firing the Dods rifle aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I agree, the AGE Builder shouldn't just become a pure plot device and they should try to use the concept as best they can to fit and influence the story and mechanics of Gundam AGE.

As far as I was aware it's not a Dods rifle but a beam rifle, at least that's what the schematics say. Mardona is an expert mobile suit smith, this is an established fact. He's also been stated by several characters to be the best alive right now, and he's one who was shown to be able to build something that is almost on par with the Gundam. That kind of seals the deal as to the claim that he's one of the best. For this reason I don't see why he couldn't have come up with a beam rifle knockoff design as well to pair with his masterpiece the G-Exes. Were he just some random dude that concocted this out of nowhere I might find myself agreeing with you more, but as it stands I fail to see where the Hax comes from.
Beam rifle* i stand corrected. it still operates the same way as the Dods rifle from what we've seen animated sofar.

Quote:
Please don't tell me you're trying to turn this back around on the people that are supportive and open towards the show cause if so then lol.
What?

Quote:
I don't know, watch the show and maybe stop finding stuff to gripe about for half a second and it'll hopefully be explained. If not then by all means bitch away.
I've seen every episode, i don't look for stuff to whine about, i enjoy the show and explain why certain parts prevented me from fully enjoying the episode, i'm too lazy to find my earlier post, so i'll say it again.

I don't hate this show, sofar i've enjoyed it. some episodes have been great, while some havent, its the same with every show you watch, you usually don't enjoy every single episode, but overall its a good experience, sofar i think AGE has been mediocre, nothing super good, but not something really bad either.

Quote:
Again my suggestion would be to watch the show and find out if they do eventually do this for the final arc or not. I'd be surprised if the Genoace doesn't get at least something to bring it up to being more on par with the Gundam, G-Exes and Gafran cause it would otherwise basically just mean sending Largan out to die. Whether it turns out to be a beam rifle or something else is what I'm more curious about.
The final arc? i'm going to assume you meant the final episode, If they decide to upgrade the Genoace for the upcoming final battle, i'll be glad, but it feels like they should've done it before arriving to Minsry, or before episode 10.

It seems like Largan is a completely wasted character sofar, except for displaying how kickass the UE is, AGE version of the Worf Effect?

Quote:
Wow you're just going to be a darling of a poster for the rest of this show aren't you? I don't even see how the two issues are comparable, Mwu couldn't have possibly survived that event so it was obvious bullshit and retconning at play, this is just something that hasn't been addressed yet as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately some people are so quick to jump the gun to find anything to complain about that they'll allow something that is the result of a show being in mid arc to count as a flaw in the show in their eyes.
You think Mardorna using instant transmission to Minsry is an oversight, i think the Genoace still being useless with the AGE System/Builder/Madorna there is an oversight.

There is a difference in opionions, i respect that.

I'm not looking for chances to complain, some parts of the show hinders me from enjoying it, this is a place to discuss that.

Quote:
Now if you want to talk seemingly actual oversights, the one regarding Madorna seemingly just popping in out of nowhere as if no time had passed at Minsry would be a fair one.
Get off your highhorse. Your opinion doesnt set the standards, noones do. We all share different views of the show, good or bad.

Quote:
Again I'd direct you to see the above response I made to Revolutionist and question how anyone is doing what you claim here. As far as I can tell the only one-sided approach towards this show on this forum is coming from folks like yourself and Wingdarkness.
Myself and Wingdarkness? i'm expressing my dislikes for how certain parts in the show is being handled, is that wrong?

Quote:
We who are just trying to give the show a chance and enjoy ourselves here have addressed and acknowledged some issues with the show,but we've also just talked about stuff that's happened and are trying to have a productive and positive conversation with regard to the content as well cause frankly Gundam AGE is not the abomination of failed writing that some make it out to be.
Yes, so have i, just because our opinions arent the same it doesnt mean i'm not enjoying the show, which i've explained earlier, i've never said AGE's writing is a abomination, i've said it has bad writing and execution at parts which prevents me from fully enjoying bits in the episode.

Quote:
Some people see framing everything they discuss about a show in the form of a complaint as perfectly normal, others see it as kind of ridiculous and even kind of annoying and to be honest it just makes it look like people have some sort of agenda to bring to the table or something.
And exacly the same thing applies to people not sharing your opinion.

Quote:
Hey though, as far as I'm concerned if the biggest complaint (or at least most repeated complaint that's actual just a nitpick in reality) that apparent haters can come up with is that the show has yet to address why the other suits haven't been shown to be upgraded yet while they're in the middle of running from the Federation, securing financial aid, building an army, fighting the UE and just generally being busy then the show must clearly be doing okay.
Other suit*

How is it a nitpick when 1/3 of the main pilots arent able to do anything in his Mobile suit when the other two has useful ones?

Quote:
Pretty much. Again "plot hole" (barring it being addressed at some point) better fits the whole Madorna just showing up at Minsry colony like he was already there, trying to label the Genoace situation a plot hole however just absolutely reeks of desperation to find fault.
Madorna randomly showing up at Minsry wasnt a big plot hole to me, we don't know how much time went by between him being asked to help and him showing up.

having 1 out of the 3 Mobile suits being useless does bother me though. i don't want the Genoace to get some awesome übercannon that can rip holes in space and time, a Beam rifle or being outfitted with the Titus parts would be fine, just something to make him less useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
There does seem to be more than an internal power supply at work for the DODS Rifle--it does have to connect to the Gundam from the underarm, so chances are some of its power is from the Gundam itself, and not just whatever power pack. Yes, we saw one Genoace use it safely, but it also used it against a stationary rock to create a diversion, not against an enemy mobile suit. For the rest, see the arguments about the Genoace being a completely different machine; the AGE Builder would need to know more about it and more battle experience to properly design a weapon that it can use, if it is the case that the Genoace can't properly power or wield the DODS Rifle.
Woolf in his custom didn't let it connect, once again, the Dods rifle has a internal battery/ecap/epack it runs on, from what we've been shown sofar in the show nothing speaks against it

And how is shooting at a rock and shooting at the UE different? your still shooting the same weapon

Quote:
And as for the Genoace getting equipped with the Titus wear parts? While that was a nice gimmick for the models, we've seen in the show that at the very least, the arms connect differently from the models. To get that to work, they'd very likely have to partially redesign the Genoace, which I don't see happening, given the lack of resources.
Seeing how the In-universe mechanics works similar to the Gunpla in AGE, it wouldn't surprise me if the Genoace got the Titus parts .

The AGE builder seem to have scarse resources, we know nothing about the Diva's supplies sofar, they seem to have restocked while they hanged around Mardona's factory(or before leaving Fardain) seeing how the AGE builder managed to build Spallow parts
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote