View Single Post
Old 2006-02-25, 21:32   Link #40
wao
OK.

I really suggest you try rewatching 12 Kingdoms, they might have a bit of element of "OH TEH CHOSEN GIRL GOING TO ANOTHER WORLD" in the first arc but HONESTLY they do it very differently from a lot of other shows... they really bring out how useless the girl is at the beginning and how she has rather bad traits and in the end how she becomes better. I felt that the character development was very real, and the settings were very good.

As for Kino no Tabi you should not have watched the movie. First it is to be watched after the series; second it isn't even as good as the series anyway! If you think "aah typical 15 year old" NO NO NO NO WRONG. This show is very atypical if you ask me. Very good, largely stand-alone stories that deal with issues ranging from socio-political to philosophical, in the setting of the different types of cities that she goes to.
And if you called Kino a pre-school super girl well then I have nothing to say to you, I don't even know if you're watching your anime PROPERLY without letting your preconceptions get in the way of what the show's actually saying!

Maybe you need to take a break from anime.