View Single Post
Old 2011-08-02, 00:40   Link #33481
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Well, Shigan wrote her that way, so I'd believe she would be interested in showing how she got there
LOL, I had meant in terms of how Shigan's considered the "nice" writer, while I'm the "tragic" one .

Quote:
There is no security on the NSIS Director's office; it is a black hole that naturally deactivates all security measures even when they are apparently fully active!
Actually, that hilariously makes sense, in a way! If it is a black hole that cancels out all magic, then Auris would be sure that there are no mage-assassins waiting to off her!

Quote:
Think of it as poetic justice. "You feel it's necessary for (potential) Shadow agents to be mentally traumatized in the name of the good of the service; so you can be sent on this mission where your working theory can be put to the test. Have fun!"

Though it's entirely possible that Chrono was telling the plain truth to Megane without any implications. After all, RB wrote the story. If it were me, I'd just have had them killed.
Yeaaaaaah.....but still, it's terribly ironic that Chrono, who was defending each Shadow's right to only accepting missions that they're comfortable with and for not burning out Shadow agents because they're fundamentally decent people , would do that to even two jerk-asses. So yes, poetic justice, but it still seems cruel and immoral. I mean, those two recruiters could have been working from what they knew best, and laid it on thick to Lutecia to maximize their chance of getting an acceptance--since, well, they didn't know if Lutecia would have agreed or not otherwise? So it seems harsh that Chrono would condone screwing them over just because he didn't approve of their methods, in a profession like the NSIS . That's just where I'm coming from.

(I'm not saying that it's unthinkable for Chrono to do such a thing, just that if he did, then it really changes how I view his character in Shadowverse . Slips him further down the dark end of the scale!)

Of course, it could have just been the plain truth . Wouldn't that be truly ironic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Also, I never saw the continuity as a problem. Prerogative and Tame may happen in the same chronology but they are written around very different concepts of significance in the evolution of a relationship. I think I only make one single clear reference to Prerogative in the whole story really, that being in the last segment when Vivio and Hayate hug and Vi is reminded of her fifteen years old self stepping forth with a rose in hand to confess her feelings. In Tame, Vi steps forth to accept the complications that comes with dating Hayate, perhaps I should have made this clearer .
*Nod* Yup, that was also neat writing by you. Besides, the two stories are significantly different in time and scope that practically nothing overlapped between the stories. (It does prevent me from giggling evilly and doing something tragic in PotB, since it has to lead to Tame! )

I think most people got it, Shigan. They're all being super patient with me as I try to finish writing!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote