Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 17:29   Link #25346
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I was pretty excited when I clicked the link and saw that flying^ had linked to a Jezebel article and seemed to be taking it seriously. Then I realized that he actually didn't care about or understand Jezebel's take on it, he actually believed the study and thought that it was a good idea. I feel so let down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Did you look to see who wrote the article?
Of course I did... and looks like you finally got their schtick.
I check that site once in a while to get & keep up with their "insights"... and get a chuckle at some of the contributors when they exude complete resignation on some topics (yeah... because that's just the way it is) and outrage over small, minor things they see wrong in the real (and digital) world

Quote:
So can I assume you agree with her that we need laws to force employers not to be jackasses about paying people based on their dick count?
Have her types never heard the art of negotiating while retaining feminine touch?

Laws are already in place... they just need the "drive"!

Quote:
For years, legislators and women’s advocates have been seeking solutions. In many ways, the wage gap is a complicated problem tied to culture, tradition and politics. But one part of it can be traced to a simple fact: many women just don’t negotiate, or are penalized if they do. In fact, they are one-quarter as likely as men to do so, according to statistics from Carnegie Mellon University. So rather than wax academic about the issue, couldn’t we simply teach women some negotiation skills?