View Single Post
Old 2008-02-20, 01:26   Link #214
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The thing that concerns me when people chant "Change!" is that "Change!" also got Germany into a bit of a pickle when they were having many of the same problems in the 1930s.

Always ask *exactly WHAT change do you have in mind?* when a politician orates on that line.

For many reasons (not the least of which has been pointed out is the general knowledge level of the voting public), we need to pay a lot of attention AFTER the election to make sure it isn't "In Comes the NEW Boss, Same As the Old Boss....".

If the Dems take both houses and the prez..... the incentive to roll back the "imperial presidency", make serious voting and campaign finance reforms, fix the media consolidation crisis, actually substantively do something about the healthcare system dysfunctionality --- may all vanish in a purple haze, eh? Just remember to keep the burning public spotlight trained on them.
The Republicans had their chance and simply pissed it away by looting the Treasury for their buddies and committing some of the most egregious ethical disasters since the 1800s so they are completely off my list for the year.