View Single Post
Old 2008-03-30, 03:28   Link #1067
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^ Thought so

Also I'm not surprised you don't like the OP Kaoishin, what do you prefer between Triangler and Don't Be Late. I'm reading a lot of people on Macross World complaining about Triangler replacing Don't Be Late and funnily enough these people were slamming it back in December/January.
Don't Be Late far and away. It's not a song I'd listen to in my playlist, but it's still a listenable and fairly catchy song. Triangler I honestly had to turn down a lot and even then it still hurt my ears. It really surprises me as this is not Maaya Sakamoto's usual style. She's not a screecher and is behind several of my all time favourite anime themes (Yakusoku Wa Iranai and Hemisphere). I've always liked her for her ability to put passion and feeling into her singing and to just sound natural and pleasant when she sings and this is literally the polar opposite of that. It sounds hollow and uncontrolled. Definitely no Yakusoku Wa Iranai.

If this is how it goes through in it's final version then I will no longer consider Maaya Sakamoto my favourite female singer. It's literally that bad to me to the point where I might have to skip the opening and if it's in the show at all it could really hurt my enjoyment of it a lot. I hope this is not the standard for most vocal songs in the series or we are in trouble.

Edit: I found another more complete version of the song. I still have heavily mixed feelings about it overall, but at least it doesn't sound quite so god awful anymore. I really still don't like the chorus though most of all. It still sounds pitchy and uncontrolled. Still no Yakusoku Wa Iranai.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote