View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 19:14   Link #19415
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
"two side of the same coin", plus both Bern and Will totally tell Lion that s/he's Yasu in the other "fragments".

Even provided that Yasu actually isn't Lion (which I strongly doubt) Will quite clearly doesn't know and believes they are the same. But there's simply no way that Will is wrong.
Will is known to jump to conclusions. Just because he sounds right doesn't mean his conclusions are actually valid deductions. They might stand up in court, but the mystery story holds itself to an even harsher burden of proof than a criminal trial.

Yasu cannot be considered a reliable source on his/her physical condition and birth circumstances. It is simply not possible for him/her to know. If anyone does know, it has to be Genji and Nanjo. If Genji and Nanjo were characters established to be trustworthy beyond all suspicion, we could take their word for it. But Genji and Nanjo are two of the most secretive characters in the entire story, and Nanjo provably lies perhaps dozens of times in Umineko.

So while Yasu has no reason not to trust them, surely we should wonder whether everything they've told this poor kid is quite accurate.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote