View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 12:11   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
For some reason the title of this game immediately makes me think of Bank of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Am I alone in thinking that girl looks like Princess Garnet Til Alexandros?
She definitely does. Honestly I never thought I'd see this CG style again (I thought for sure busy Crystal Tools designs were the entire future) from Square Enix so I'm kind of pleasantly surprised at what they are doing here. It looks a little bit like the stuff they were doing in the PSX era (charming, customizable, amusing) being brought forward to the current generation (Where I swear everything they put out is dank, dark, depressing, overwrought and confusing) and unsurprisingly it's probably cause it's not being written by one of Squares' in house nonsensical incoherent scenario writers (Kazushige Nojima, Daisuke Watanabe, Motomu Toriyama) thus I'm actually genuinely interested in something Square is doing for the first time this year, possibly even this decade. The only thing left to determine is the actually fun to play design part. Also not that surprised that it would be on a handheld game they are working on either. I swear it seems like the only way to get interesting results out of Square Enix these days is to take away their ability to tinker around with cutting edge graphics.

Seriously good call on getting some outside help on the scenario writing Square. Nice to show some humility and somewhat admit you're really just not that good at it anymore.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-06-11 at 12:28.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote