Thread: Licensed Denno Coil (TV Series!)
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-17, 15:24   Link #203
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Just discovered this show. I can't help but wonder about a few things: for example, the utterdisdain Yuko's mother holds for Gramma/Mega-Ba. If she is employed in the "legitimate" tech industries, and here's mega-Ba doing all this underground stuff with knowledge nbody is supposed to have, I'm sure the only sparks flying are not going to be the ones we've seen so far on-screen. Is she going to tryi to keep her kids away from her =-- far, far away from hr -- and possibly even try to have her locked up (she is violating numerous laws, and apparently could easily be committed for mental reasons) providing a further impediment for Yuko solving the mystery of her past?

All with Yuko's best interests at heart, of course.

which also brings up the question that's been bothering me -- is there a true, objective reality or is the world literally what the people who have mastered the technology make it? what if Fumie's assumption that you can't die from data loss proves incorrect? What if children start disappearing as well as digipets? If Ayako does succeed in breaching the barriers as she seems to desire, what would be the result?