View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 20:26   Link #5058
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Overkill? It doesn't have to be that way.

First things first, Strike Freedom is a mobile suit built by Terminal. So when Kira joins ZAFT, have him pilot a command mobile suit built by ZAFT instead of the Strike Freedom. After all, it wouldn't be good to know that the mobile suit, and thus the pilot, that was attacking your side in the previous war is now in command.

In fact, now that I think about it, might as well have the Strike Freedom be stolen by the antagonist from wherever Terminal hid it after Destiny (the show). It's a tradition, isn't it?

Secondly, Destiny (the Gundam) was damaged so leave it like that. As with Kira, have Shinn pilot a more mass-produced command mobile suit.

I vote for a CE Gelgoog variant for Kira and a CE Gyan variant for Shinn.

So that leaves Athrun and Mu to pilot Infinite Justice and Akatsuki, respectively.

And then, aside from the main plot of the conflict, you can have the subplot be Shinn and Kira having to learn how to work together, maybe better than Athrun could ever hoped , and Kira having to face the reality of a world not affected by the Destiny Plan and what he said to Durandal and to Shinn at the end of Destiny (the show).
It's doubtful that Fukuda would allow Kira to pilot a non-Gundam mobile suit, considering most main characters pilot Gundams, even the sides too. Look at Rey and Luna, the worst shot in CE, got to pilot Legend and Impulse respectively.

I think it would be cool to have a Strike Freedom Custom or something like that similar to Wing Zero Custom, a newer design for a while.

Then later it's either stolen or destroyed for the upgrade, which we all now would have to happen.

But in the meantime Kira could use a mass-produced suit or at least high-performance suit before his upgrade is ready. I'm pretty sure he would still own. Look at Yzak and Dearka owning new Gundams in their ZAKUs and Kira disabling suits while he was in the Strike Rouge.

Amuro had the ReGZ before the Nu and Setsuna had a GN-Flag and the 00 Condenser version before the Quanta. Fits the trend.

As for Shinn, leave him a high performance mass-produced and then give him a new Gundam with a symbolic name like Liberty or whatever in the end when he matures.

Then at the end of the movie Shinn can be a mentor for the next generation of CE and Kira and Athrun are the legends like Amuro and Char. Then a new CE series with new characters can start without Kira coming in and disabling everybody half the time because Kira's story is finished.

And in a CE movie, I really hope they bring together the Ultimate Coordinator, SEED factor, and Newtype theory together. Actually explain some of it? It would actually make a great plot for ending Kira's story. Have him discover who he really is and the true extent of the all the powers he has.

And give Strike Freedom's upgrade a psychoframe. I really want a psychoframe in CE. It's weird having DRAGOONs and powerful Newtypes in CE without a psychoframe taking advantage of that. Besides where can CE tech go? They've around reached around UC 0093 tech level, and in the case of beam shields a bit more, but no psychoframes.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote