View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 01:27   Link #1
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Group Memberships Forum/Threads

My proposal/idea is to have a new forum where threads for group memberships will be created. I know we have social groups but this way it will be more organized and social groups are way to messy for this kind of thing I have in mind.
Of course the forum will be limited so only mods can create new threads (the threads numbered down are the only thread needed to be created in this forum, there wont be need for more).

Name of forum: Group Memberships

Threads: Artist thread, Author thread, Fansubber thread, Graphic Designer thread, IT Support thread and Scanlator thread.

This may also help with recent problems about the sig/avi threads, like those problems listed in this thread.

Leechers on Signature/Avatar request threads

The thing is to have forum visible only to members of those selected groups. And threads only visible to the selected group, like graphic designers will only be able to post/see graphic designer thread (and the same for others).

It would be nice to have a place where selected members can talk and discuss certain things (of topic subjects that would slow (for the lack of the better word) certain threads). Also those threads would be only on one subject, like Author will discus about their work only in that one thread (their ideas etc etc).

(I know there is a fansub forum, but other groups don't have that, that's why this would be good in my opinion).

I know this maybe hard for you admin/mods to do it but I think it would help very much. I just don't know if it's possible to make threads visible only to selected members. Some of you will say that social groups are for this thing, but wouldn't be nice to have something like this (one thread for one subject where only interested and dedicate members can post). Of course people don't have to join groups only to see them and post in them, it would be only for serious members. Most social groups are hard to find (for one specific subject) and they are mostly 'dead' and some are forgotten. It would also serve the purpose for members of specific selected groups to meet. Like graphic designers will discuss their work,ideas, plans etc in one thread. The reason why I ask to have forum/threads only visible to certain members is because I know many members who don't have any idea about those subjects will post just have their post their or just to annoy some members. This way some of them will not even know about his, so it would help with trolling.

Positive things about having this idea accepted:
  • Much more organized place, also it will help in getting new and some of the old members interested.
  • A place where members can feel safe/comfortable about discussing one subject.
  • Members of selected groups like graphic designers and others can express their opinion, new ideas etc

Like all those members who complained about users who 'steal' avi/sigs works from other members. Well here they can think their own rules, which can be moved to the first post in thread.

Here is one social group about graphic designers that have very little members and no one have posted in it yet.

AnimeSuki Graphic Designers

And I am sure I can find more groups like this, this is also a problem because there might be many double groups on the same subject. Like I said social groups are way to 'messy'.

The reason why I mostly use graphic designers as my point is because I don't understand (for the lack of the better word) other subject. I am a graphic designer and I would like to have a place to free post about anything that is about related to the subject I am interested about.

I would like to hear your opinions (mods and members) on what you think about this. And who knows if we have enough positive feedback, this idea of mine might come true after all.

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2010-12-10 at 01:39.