Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 21:31   Link #1039
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I hope not. There's no justification for killing anyone on these missions of theirs, and it would be utterly unlike Marika to want to do so.
Quite true. If "stuff gets real" at some point, then hopefully she'll learn that she can't hold back in real people-are-trying-to-kill-me-and-my-friends combat, but there's no excuse for putting lives at risk in a staged entertainment situation.

Quote:
What I find inexcusible is that they didn't have anyone physically watching the docking port.
QFT there. Regardless of the purpose of the boarding action, getting into slack security/tactical habits is extremely foolish. Particularly with all the grief the crew is giving Marika about the professionalism of her piracy (and yes, she does need to develop her skills, but even so), that sticks out like a sore thumb.

(Honestly, I can't shake the idea that if you gave Jenny and the Yacht Club five years' worth of training and real-world experience, they'd take the Bentenmaru's crew out behind the barn for an old-fashioned whipping in any direct confrontation.)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote