View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 19:40   Link #610
Slayerx

Thought I bump up the old Shichibukai thread so that maybe some of the discussion would move here.

So most recently, Trafalgar Law has been revealed to be the 5th schikibukai
We still have Mihawk, Boa, Kuma, and Doflamingo... that gives us 2 seats left

Now everyone is expecting Buggy to take the 6th seat because of the messenger bat he received after the war. It would certainly be in buggy's interests to accept such a position if offered. It would help him avoid fighting that might prove him to be a fraud. So if Buggy really did get the seat that makes one spot left. Who will it be? Seems like there is a reasonable chance that it could be somone new; i mean when i look at the current crop of pirates, i feel like their aren't too many decent candidates.

My guesses, assuming its not somebody new...

Hawkins- He had the next highest bounty after Kidd and Luffy. Only downside would be that we saw him loose badly to Kizaru which kind of damages his cred a bit, despite how things might have changed in the 2 years.

Bonney- Last we saw she was captured by Akainu after being beaten by blackbeard. Agreeing to work for the world government does sound like what one might offer to be released. Granted, her defeat to blackbeard might also be seen as damaging to her credit like Hawkins; but maybe their is some story potential here considering how it seems possible she and akainu might have some history.

Marco- Really out of left field theory. I have no idea how the government might be able to force him to be a shichibukai as doing so would seriously go against his character, but I'd find it to be deliciously tragic; being forced to work for the poeple who killed his pa... real insult to injury.