View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 22:37   Link #1411
MarkS00N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Here's something that I just thought of that I would encourage you, and other people reading this thread, to consider.

The Enforcers are treated as dogs, correct? That's how they're portrayed, as "hunting dogs".

Now, does a dog-owner give his dog recommendations, or does he give his dog commands?
Very nice of you to remember that...
Now do you remember what the inspector called? Handler.
So who handle the dog? The handler or the dominator?
Who gives commands and what gives recommendation?

Quote:
That's not my statement. But Sibyl does take options away.
So?
It is a problem for you but acceptable to me as long as Sibyl doesn't pressure (thus forced) the user.

Quote:
How many tools automatically change their own setting? Without allowing any manual override? And then give you spoken instructions on what you should do with it?

Is the Dominator the toll of the Enforcer, or is the Enforcer the toll of the Dominator? Maybe the gun's very name itself is a not-so-subtle hint from Gen...
So?
You've been clear that your problem is dominator take some choice from you and you won't take my argument that even if dominator take some choice, it isn't a problem because there are still several other choices...

What I've seen so far from dominator is merely the order of police's procedure:
1) Investigate whether the person is indeed the suspect (scan the target)
2) Apprehend the suspect (What Masaoka did is episode 2)
From here, dominator take over
3) Gives warning shot (Paralyzer)
4) Shoot the limb or tase (Paralyzer)
If the target project danger to police
5) Shoot to death (head or chest) (Lethal Eliminator)

Unless your police don't have these procedure, I can't see dominator become such a problem because what it does is actually normal.

Quote:
You write this as though what Akane did in Episode 1 was standard operating procedures.

But Akane's actions in Episode 1 clearly aren't standard operating procedures, or she never would have been questioned on them the way she was by Ginoza.
Here is the list of non-standard procedure Akane has done:
a) She prevent Masaoka shoot the paralyzer, thus
b) Alllow the woman's Target's Threat increased, which
c) Trigger the Lethal Eliminator due to her endanger Kogami, yet
d) She shot Kogami who fell on the pool of oil while the woman still have the lighter

If Kogami dead because the Lethal Eliminator shot to the woman, it will be Kogami's fault. But Akane's shot that paralyze Kogami can be seen as endanger Kogami even more, due Dominator's Target's Threat Judgement on the woman.

In my opinion, the reason Ginzo ask Kogami after Akane's explanation is because Kogami pretty much one of the factor in the incident...

At least that is my interpretation...
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote