View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 17:33   Link #73
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
There's a word for people that go through life without caring one iota about other people. That word is selfish.

A person who only does what s/he wants to do, and never considers the hopes or feelings of another, is a very selfish and self-centered individual, imo.
I care about my family and friends and still would never let anyone dictate how i should life my life. See the difference.
There is nothing wrong with it as long it doesn't affect other people in a negative way. An i mean extreme things like killing them or destroy their lifes.

Your father hopes for you to be a doctor but your dream is to become a lawer. Should you not be allowed to live your dream just because your father wanted something different fo you? Is your life not your own?

Your father demands from you to marry girl A but you love girl B.
Should you not be allowed to be with the one you love just because your father thinks girl A suits you better? Who has to life with the girl you marry in the first place, your father or you? Is your life not your own?

The same again about my actres example.
Shiina is a film actres and has talent for it, but her desire is to become an author and so she stoppes with acting and starts with writing.
Is it right to demand from her to throw away her life, her dream, just because some fans want that?

Would you throw away your dream just because some people got butthurt that you are following your dream?

Would you jump from a bridge just becaue some people expect that from you and get disapointed if you don't do that?

I think the answer to those questions is clear.
Quote:
That's certainly not a philosophy that I would want to hang my hat on.
I say the same to people that are too week to live their live on their own strenght and force their hopes and expections on other people and demand from them to throw away their dreams just because they are not capable to do what the same.

If you want something, do everything you can for it. If it is not possible for you to achieve that, accept it, instead on forcing other people to do that for you.

Quote:
Have you never heard of the concept of empathy?
How about empathy for the person that is forced to throw away his dreams?

Quote:
Maybe because these are the people who have been supporting her throughout her career? Maybe because it's good for people to care at least a little bit about other people?
If these people really cared they would respect that my life is my own.

Quote:
Rita was too pushy, no doubt. But I would hope that nobody would fault Rita for simply trying to persuade Mashiro to return to her painting. Rita went a bit father than that in two or three of her lines, but the overall attempt at persuasion (raising the possible historical significance of Mashiro's paintings, for example) is perfectly reasonable and fair.
I didn't see here just a simple attemt to persuade her but an attempt to force her.
I can't tolerated people who try to push there hopes and expection on other people.
It's like with this mothers and those beauty contest where they force their little childreen just because they themselve where never capable to do that.

Quote:
This is a contradiction in two lines! Fan disappointment will often be displayed as "rage". Insofar as that rage is peaceful (i.e. people just expressing it in message board posts, for example) then it's not uncalled and absurd.
Rage is in most cases not justified and comletely exaggerated.
And I read many comments that were not peaceful.

Quote:
It's not absurd to feel anger at someone or some company for refusing to do something that you know that they're great at, that you would love to see more of, and that you know is profitable for them (so it's not like you're expecting them to commit financial suicide, which would indeed be uncalled for and absurd).
It is absurd simply because it's not their choice if the studio does it or not. It's simply not their business. They can ask/begg them if they want to do that or make a petition, but that is all.

Quote:
The final choice is of course Shiina's. That doesn't mean people don't have a right to have an opinion on what choice she makes, though.
Of course it's up to Shiina how she lives her life, that is clear as a day.

And I was not talking about opinions here because it's clear that everyone is entitled to have one. What I was talking about was the "should not be allowed", which basically means people have no right to decide to do with their lifes what they want and other people have the right to decide that for them. And that is just absurd and goes against human rights and I will never accept or tolerate that.

The whole point here is this. My life is my own and I decide how i live my life and not someone else.
If i want to be an actor and please people with that, it's ok because I myself wanted that.
If i want to be a singer and please people with that, it's ok because I myself wanted that.
If I want to be basketball player and please people with that, it's ok because I myself wanted that.

If I want to retire from the things I said above and do something else, it's ok because it is my life and I myself wanted that.