Thread: Licensed Xenosaga the Anime
View Single Post
Old 2005-01-02, 08:56   Link #57
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm a bit dissapointed they chose Saga instead of Gears basically because I've been longing for Gears to be told in a medium other than a game. I hated every aspect of Gears that made it a game and only really liked (loved, actually) the parts which could be transfered to another medium. Actually, Saga was my first PS2 import (If I would've known what spiral of spending would ensue afterwards I would've passed. My gaming shelf is over half imports now)

However, this was deffinately the right descision for them from a marketing standpoint. Gears' JP fanbase has long since been replaced by a Saga fanbase and they'd just hit closer to target with their intended audience if they made a Saga anime. I just hope it's not as dissapointing as that HoiHoi-san was. I have the import which is also dissapointing tho. *sigh* So much wasted potential.

And as for anime/game transitions even not counting H games there are still numerous quality ones. Just steer away from fighting games and big-name titles and you'll be fine. The reason fighting animes tend to be poor is because most fighting game series lack the story and character depth we're used to seeing in an anime. Actually, Guilty Gear is likely the best candidate for a fighting game/anime transition but sadly that's not seeming to be happening anytime soon. As for big-name titles, it's usually clear the development team hasn't even played the game. If you recall some time ago burning muscle with SF2V?
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote