View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 17:29   Link #746
John117xCortana

Quote:
Me:

Would this be an appropriate song to use when Takeru fights Ikaruga's IRG ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu4tCWTyqds

Unin:

There's not a single track from the Unicorn OSTs that I'm not absolutely crazy over (or the Guilty Crown OSTs, also by Hiroyuki Sawano. )

I'm thinking of handling all these awesome music suggestions with a music option during a special combat scene. You may recall just prior to the second coup, in ch 44 Shirogane leads Valkyrie Platoon A and a group of Rookies to reinforce the Osaka Defense Line (culminating in rescuing Tama as she shields civilians). The rookies get a bit of an intro in ch 43, but not much other than a support role in ch 44's combat. I was thinking of elaborating on it by having Shirogane interact with them after taking command of their unit. Rookies in fubukis, heading to their first contact with BETA, are obviously nervous as hell; Shirogane has to find a way to get them to calm down if they're going to have any chance regarding their "8 minutes of death". The rookies weren't exactly fawning over Takeru in ch 43, but they definitely seemed in awe of his reputation and where asking all sorts of questions about those wild rumors regarding his secret origins.

So Takeru comes up with a means of tricking the rookies into calming down and gaining some confidence for the upcoming battle. He reveals the "secret" to his incredible abilities; a new kinda of "combat hypnosis" that he has been testing as part of a super-soldier experimentation program; and audio injection of HOT BLOOD and COURAGE. He opens a secure channel with the cadets while connecting his comm unit's auxiliary input with the headphone jack of his gameguy, and the player is given a choice of what audio to load (perhaps even an option to search directories for your own mp3 files, but then again you could just mute the game and load your own mp3 player.) The music from Shirogane's world is completely alien to the rookies, as their radios mostly just play propaganda themes or pre-BETA classics. They're so distracted by the new music that they completely forget their fear and start syncing to the rhythm while in battle, allowing them to get past their 8 minutes of death. This battle would lead right into A Platoon cresting the hill and reinforcing C Platoon in Osaka.
Any other music suggestions for that scene ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote