View Single Post
Old 2008-06-12, 07:35   Link #83
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I also see Ranka has no interest in him. Have you ever seen Ranka ask any question about Alto? Never, she is only interested in telling about herself over and over again. If she never asks about Alto, she never push the button.

I always hate hearing people tell Alto lying to Ranka and poor Ranka-chan is hurt. Does Ranka force him to lie? Does Ranka lie to him first? Let me repeat my infamous opinion one more time, Ranka deserves being lied. If she wants an answer, asking it honestly. After all, Mikhail gets all the truth when he wants a similar answer from Alto. If you want to say someone in fault in this case, it's the one who use asymmetric information to her advantage.

Oh, I nearly forgot to ask. Where is your real-friend-ask-direct-question theory now?
Like I said Ranka is open with Alto while he isn't open with her. Is this entirely his fault? Hell no she shares at least half the blame. She asks him a few straightforward question but when he lies to her she doesn't call him on it. Ranka has never lied to him or forced him to lie she just doesn't tell him that he seen him with Sheryl or heard Sheryl in the background etc. In the same breath though I have to wonder why he lies to her sometimes. Is he trying not to hurt her feeling? I don't know if I truly get his reasoning yet.

Quote:
If there is more than kissing Alto, our assumption doesn't hold here so it's not a negative develpment. You get it?

If Sheryl kisses Alto only for the sake of stealing a kiss, it's a negative character development for her. Is it worthy to be a question? Even with the new title of Super-Sheryl-Biased(a homage to Westlo), I don't deny a fact.
I got it the first time. Swampstorm initial observation that the scene on the beach was only to give insight of Mao's character to Ranka. He said if it wasn't for understanding Mao then it was for getting even with Sheryl for the kiss and this would be a negative character development. This is why I try to state that she said she had two problems with taking the role. The fact of not understanding Mao and the kissing. I saying that it can be for both reasons why she took the role. If she understood Mao's role from the beginning and only had a problem with the kissing I still don't see what is negative about wanting to kiss him after she Sheryl kiss him. If you like someone and then find out someone else is after them and that motivates you to make you move then I say more fucking power to you!