Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-14, 17:59   Link #1889
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
No need to wait, Get on it while it's hot.
Rebounding is a word that carries such a negative stigma in dating, I prefer to call it moving on.
Lovely; let's perpetuate the "serial monogamy" mentality that's plaguing society as a whole. Goody gumdrops!

Seriously; I find it far healthier to wait, remember who you are WITHOUT someone else involved, and then meander about, because then you know what you want out of the relationship, and are not merely having someone there for the sake of having someone there (which is essentially, the serial monogamy mentality, which in my experience, generally results in a string of heartache and ofttimes legal/monetary issues when you're on your 5th or 6th marriage)

Now, there is a distinct difference between "rebounding" (ie, going into another relationship), and just playing, with no strings attached, oft called the 1 night stand and so on (though they can be for longer or whatever). Assuming all parties are safe, in agreement and there are no illusions/emotional issues, then said play arrangement is perfectly healthy. I believe that kind of arrangement is healthier than just jumping into another relationship, which can do more damage to the person as well as whoever they've pulled into the relationship.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote