View Single Post
Old 2011-07-09, 11:21   Link #124
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Ah. Well, it's good to know that Funi picked the show up (Even though Funimation's use of the word 'simulcast' seems kind of silly since they're, you know, not aired simultaneously). I'll look forward to Funi's "simulcast" then.
Only, that it stands for "simulation" and not simultaneous.

Baka to Test is one of those generic romcoms that, unlike quite a few others, I have found drop-dead funny quite often, so I'm glad to see it get a second season. When the first one ended I was kind of left wanting to see more.

I also like how all the male characters aside from the main lead actually have a good amount of time to star in this series. They aren't shoved out of the way just so they can drag in more and more girls. Not to mention the fact that one of the girls is in love with Yuuji, the main character's best friend, rather than Yoshii himself. That's a rare thing to see.

This show would probably go near the top on the pile of generic romcoms. It still suffers under a lot of cliche though, so it'll never be a fantastic one.

As for the first episode itself, I'll just say that I really pity that Yoshii and Yuuji are bound to those girls for probably the rest of their lives. By consequence of death at worst.