View Single Post
Old 2010-09-05, 06:28   Link #2897
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
To be honest I'm just scared, scared from the society and feeling I'm watching Anime and spending a big amount a money of it just to escape stuff, though I love it, but I get the feeling I'm getting far from it and I should invest the money in my life instead of figurines, it seems a bit dumb approaching a girl and when she comes over she sees 3 Anime figurines and posters almost all over the room same with friends, I'm already 18 and this is considered a "legal" age (legal to drink etc) and I'm disturbed by this whole situation.

Regarding the figurines, there is no shop in Israel that sells them, or at least have them in normal variety (most are like 3-4 and are from some stuff like FF etc...)
Anyhow, I'm very very confused and disturbed by this situation and I don't know what to do, I like the figurines very much, it's just hard for me right now to invest this kind of money into them and not financially but mentally, and I've wanted these 3 figures a very long time...

For some reason it all lost it's appeal to me overnight, having health issues and some other stuff made me think a bit different.
Anyhow, I don't know what to do ;(
Nowdays anime and figure-collecting is more accepted than it was let's say five years ago. And believe me, having three quality figures displayed in any room (even if it's the living room) won't get you in serious trouble with anyone. On the contrary they will only add to overall image of that room - some have a wooden ship on the top shelf of their bookcases, you'll have anime figures instead. It's nearly the same thing, only much more interesting - unless it's a really perverted hentai figure, of course

As for the posters and other anime-stuff, displaying those for everyone to see might not be a good idea. I have over 200 figures by now, tons of posters cover my walls and now even dakimakuras are hanging on the curtains. A true "otaku terror room" I believe, which is certainly not for everyone to see! Most of my friends are into anime and since I started figure-collecting I made many more who share the same interest as I do. So when they come over, they love to sit in the "terror room" and browse through everything they haven't seen before. Even those, who don't collect anything but love anime nontheless.
As for my other friends, who don't like anime, I simply don't invite them into that certain room and have them sit down in the living room instead.

But like I said, you don't have to worry. Three figures won't freak out anyone. If you're planning on collecting many more though, and you know that your friends don't like anime, it might be a good idea to have a seperate room set up for them

Oh, and although I currently don't have a girlfriend, but all of my Friends In Anime who do, the girl (or the guy) is usually into anime as well