View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 17:04   Link #3864
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
@Mentar
if you don't mind my 2 cents about Germany's tactical approach to the game, Löw's biggest mistake was to use Kroos on the right. I do understand that the man has good passing skills but he would have never been a threat with Chiellini playing on that side of the field. Reus should have played from the very beginning, and maybe even Muller rather than Podolski.
The idea was to have Kroos tail Pirlo and gain a majority of players in the central midfield. That, however, backfired completely, because with Klose, Reus and Schürrle gone, Özil had noone to actually do combinations with. And Podolski was as disappointingly useless as he has been throughout the entire tournament.

I absolutely agree with you - fielding Podolski was a huge mistake, and so was fielding Gomez. Kroos - ah well. I didn't expect much of him, so my disappointment is limited. But leaving Reus out was disastrous. Remember the first 5-10 minutes in the second half, when Germany managed to create several chances, cutting through the Italian defense, before your coach plugged the holes via substitutions? THIS is what we should have done right from minute 1.

Other than that, you guys played a great game. When Italy doesn't want someone to score, you know how to prevent it. And your play out of the defense was swift and sweet. You absolutely deserved the victory. Now get on the pitch and win the finals, you hear me? This semifinal was fun to watch, with lots of chances. Rescue the Euro from Tiki-Taka boredom.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote