Thread: Licensed Toradora! Novel Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2008-07-10, 01:27   Link #58
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The novel describes Ami as "oh my god, she's so utterly cute let's all cling to her", but thanks to the fact Yasu's illustrations aren't exactly the best in the out there (in fact, there are a few illustrations that might pop up in my nightmare if I stare at it too long), I can't really see what's so cute about her. In fact, Sumire's character design (that resembles Ami slightly......) looks better than her's... Slightly over-exaggerating, but Ami looks as attractive as Yuusaku does (=not at all)...
That's one point the manga's got over the novel. Takasu-kun is quite the good-looking boy he purports himself to be (he does! Really! At the start of volume 1...) although he lost the "demon eyes" factor and Taiga is unbelievably cute in the manga. As a side note, the Zero no Tsukaima manga on the other hand has a rather childish art style...

The Toradora novel illustrations...they don't do much for me.

I wonder how will Ami-chan look when she shows up in the manga? I also wonder if the anime will take after the novel, the manga, or if it will take on its own style.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote