View Single Post
Old 2009-10-01, 00:14   Link #2243
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
You know if God appear now and talk to people, i am sure everyone will then follow him. Those ancients guys had the benefit of God talking to them but what we have are merely hearsay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
That's what creates our good luck and bad luck. Our "test" is less severe if w/o direct appearance of God, for it originates from the understanding the we are "less-equipped". I hope many of you will realize the broad idea of "reality" and how seeing does not always constitute fact. (vice versa.)
Consider though, how many of those people who said they either saw or spoke to God, were treated in those times. Many of those people were considered crazy, or at least not of sound mind, and there were even some who were outcast for making such statements. I suspect that much the same thing would happen in today's society. If someone came up to you and said that they had spoken directly with God, and he had told them all of these things, would you believe them outright? Probably not, because you had not had that direct experience for yourself.