View Single Post
Old 2011-09-26, 18:20   Link #73
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I'm actually dating a girl who was very shy and awkward when we met. I had a multi-month gap between my confession and her agreeing to go out with me (although we did meet a few times on a casual basis in the interm) and another multi-month gap before we kissed or anything like that... so Hanasaku Iroha simply struck me as realistic in that regard. It was just the anti-climactic nature of it that disappointed me a bit.
Mind you, I'd say there's a big difference between seeing someone casually on occasion and being limited to texting and phone calls for a long period of time. And some people really DO prefer to take things like relationships more slowly, which is perfectly fine. But as you said. With all the drama they had, the conclusion was ultimately way to anti-climatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
But then again, I'm a) a complete and utter sucker for cute, awkward couple and b) can't help but apply what I know about 4channers to 2chers and assume they're mostly trolls and/or playing to the disreputable elements in the crowd, so I'm probably biased here.
I guess my problem is that I'm neutral to cute/awkward couples, and somewhat cynical

I don't know. I can find somewhat awkward couples cute. But Hanasaku Iroha never seemed to go beyond *Ko/Ohana are cute together*, despite how much drama surrounded the relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Really? Then Clannad never ended.
Clannad had this.