View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 18:41   Link #131
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinode View Post
Heh, you missed the point of the Nice Guy Syndrome analogy completely (although that definately sums up Kariya's view of the whole relationship!).
Or, you know, I got it just fine and simply chose not to follow the highly exaggerated pejorative connotations the author of the analogy applied to the term (though I wasn't claiming that silly description effectively encapsulates their roles and relationships either, which I assumed was obvious enough).

And you really didn't need to go out of your way to reiterate the whole thing. I pointed out the obvious paradox in Kariya's logic before you even posted on this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
That's not to say Kariya is perfectly innocent, since he was definitely blinded to an extent by his inferiority complex towards Tokiomi, which rendered him unable to even realize the paradox behind his entire quest - the fact that he was going to kill the husband and father of those he claimed to be trying to save.
So yeah, you really didn't say anything I didn't already know. But just because I realize Kariya's own foolishness doesn't mean I agree with the aforementioned analogy and your own view. I don't, because it attempts to single out and vilify Kariya and no one else (while ironically putting Aoi on a pedestal almost as much as Kariya himself). I would elaborate on that, but Thess has already done it for me. Aoi trampled over his feelings just as much. Before this episode that is, because in the end she totally outdid him in that department. Yet as far back as episode 10 already she failed to even acknowledge any of the things he said about saving Sakura. And he actually told her all of those things directly and out loud. But she simply ignored all of his goodwill, despite not having the excuse of having had her brain serve as a worms nest for over a year. How's that for not listening to someone?

Last edited by Vicious108; 2012-05-27 at 18:55.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote