View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 03:33   Link #302
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudvik View Post
I will say this though: I think anyone saying Itsuki has no romantic interest in Kyon is very wrong. There are many numerous indications to the contrary throughout the course of the series. I don't personally think he is homosexual though. I'm more inclined to believe he's bi, mostly from his expressed interest in Haruhi. Which by comparison pails to that shown to Kyon through subtle dialogue or animated moments.
Where the line is from escapes me, but Itsuki says in one story that he only acts gay because Haruhi expects it of him.

I'm more inclined to think he's just doing it to mess with the incredibly and obviously homophobic Kyon, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudvik View Post
This is especially true in Haruhi-chan, which seems to be used frequently shed light on some of the more overlooked mysteries in this series. Such as whether or not Tsuruya has esper powers and her level of involvement with the Organisation.
Haruhi-chan isn't canon. All of the jokes and concepts it uses is stuff fans have come up with over the years. It's not even written by Tanigawa, though he found it funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Like so many HaruKyon fans, you're overanalyzing. Haruhi's meant to be literal, not OHGOG LET'S ANALYZE THE HELL OUT OF EVERY CHARACTER AND THE AUTHOR. I made that mistake with other series. You don't want to face the disappointment.
Um... it's actually not very literal at all. I don't know how you're able to read the novels without understanding that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
And while you're at it, can you provide evidence that supports HaruKyon and doesn't bash every other pairing? I challenge you. Explicit evidence that doesn't line-by-line overanalyze.

And don't give me that "he's in denial" crap, I've had enough of it. Or that "he doesn't understand himself" crap.
There isn't. There isn't a single piece of material actually black-and-white in the text that supports the HaruKyon pairing.

(And yet, it's fairly obvious.)

Nor, for that matter, is there black-and-white evidence that supports a YukiKyon pairing other than that line you mentioned, and even then that requires analysis to understand.

The only pairing that can be inferred from the text is MikuruKyon... and that's obviously not going to happen, due to loltimetravel.

Again, how are you reading these novels if you can't read between the lines and try to understand what Kyon is actually thinking rather than saying?