View Single Post
Old 2008-07-10, 21:16   Link #291
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Well that was predictable. Here come the shoujo-ai elements.

I was hoping that they'd stay away from that this series, but looks like it'll be a constant presence.

Otherwise, good episode. Can't wait for some other-character development and screen time next week.
I'll have to say strike witches is proving to be more than just fan pandering, as for those innuendo yuri moments delicious although it should be note its not really yuri in a sense it could just be the case of Perrine-H. who's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro simply idolised major Sakomoto. (I pray its Miyuki Sawashiro since her voice is quite distinct in anime)

If I were to draw similarities the relationship resemble Aria in some way, Yoshika is like Akari an apprentice in the show who is on her way to being a full fledge witch. Sakomoto is of course Alicia ^^, you can see the motherly side to her which is vastly different from other kendo girl type, with that said I welcome these type of relationship in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
In show, what year is it? It said the war started in 1939, and Yoshika has been away from her dad for six. Would that mean it's 1945?
Guess everyone watched the OP but its clearly stated it is 1944.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe
Shame there isnt a guy version of mecha musume lol
While it isn't important but I couldn't help think of AstroBoy maybe its the rocket boots as some blogger said xD
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote