View Single Post
Old 2010-01-24, 05:16   Link #786
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badkarma 1 View Post
Nogitsune;I think what your trying to say is "Ignorance is bliss"correct?
Well there in lies the problem! What Blade is trying to get across to everyone is that the Requiem is a work in progress and while war is pretty simple( kill,maim,destroy as many of "the enemy" as possible as well as destroylng their ability to fight),peace on the other hand is HARD! Yes you can maintain peace through force of arms but that is not freedom that is a military state or martial law like "Do as we say and the secret police won't come and take you away for reeducation". No they ( the OOBK,Nunally,or 'Zero')can't do that as that would be to much like the old Britainia. People for the most part would return to their old lives and daily routine, then one day a pirated radio or tv broadcast comes on during the regular news cast a figure dressed in an old Brit soliders uniform or a former noble says "Zero is a lie the, Requiem is a lie! We the veterans of the war of the Rebellion will show you the truth"! Now the powers that be and know the truth all collectively s**t themselves because what if someone beyond their influence DOES know the truth about Zero?!
In the end I say this:The TRUTH shall set you free! And until the Requiem and Zero is brought into 'The Light' it is all a LIE!
actually, this is not quite what i had in mind
they dont just come out on TV and declare it like that
the whole thing starts with a VERY big bang (a massive attack on tokyo) and the fact of WHY they did it isn't revealed until half way through the plot
the bad guy, makes it a POINT to keep their motives in the dark until he can get suzaku personally involved in the battle, because he wants to apply as much psychological warfare as possible against suzaku in an effort to break him mentally

Spoiler for plot:

so you see
there IS going to be lots of action, and lots of drama
but, just like R2, half way through the plot, the characters aren't going to have much to smile about.