View Single Post
Old 2009-09-04, 05:13   Link #114
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
I was quite frustrated by this ep.
Good quality overall, but...

KYON, YOU HAVE TWO HANDS ! If this idiot Koizumi hold one, PUNCH THE BITCH WITH THE OTHER !

I'm a bit irritated by how Haruhi plays the Karma Houdini. She treats people like objects and doesn't care at all about their well-being, and when she's about to learn her lesson, bing, she's protected from consequences by her God-situation - or by Kyon being a bit too quick to forgive her.

She's definitely a huge bitch
haha, I love the emphasis you added to that. I think a lot of people would agree the Kyon should have brought out the south paw...

But, I thought this episode nailed the scene that really meant the most -when Haruhi saw that her treatment of other people had real consequences, and Kyon finally taking a stand. This is a good start to Haruhi realizing she can't just manipulate people. Someone here said Kyon needed this after being emasculated in E8. I couldn't agree more.

But it was handled well. Haruhi looked more sympathetic in this episode than at any other time in the series. When she saw that Kyon was willing to turn his back on her it really shook her. The scene with Taniguchi and Kunikida was absolutely priceless. Such good support characters to bring it down to earth that way.

I gave this episode a 9. I should have given it a 10. There was a great deal of subtlety and it paid off in spades. For the first time this season they delivered some fantastic storytelling and tapped into the essence of what this series is really all about. I liked BLR and parts of E8, but this takes the cake.

Next up, we have to find a cat...