View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 09:02   Link #44
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well the fight with Rin was still rather cliche with lots of typical one liners (Her attack has no blind spots! It only be used once!), but the interuption was a bit of an interesting surprise. As expected, all the conditions are met so that Ichika and Rin have to fight it together. Colored black so we know just how evil it's supposed to be, though I suspected immediately it was an AI.

Ichika handled things rather than well but Rin's tsundereing during the battle was kinda annoying. It was rather stupid, though, for Ichika to talk about his swords abilities, how he has to hold back usually when competeting and thinks he could now go full force when he already has afeeling that IS was listening the whole time. And I LOLed at the fact that it would actually stop to let them talk.

Things got sufficiently idiotic when Houki decided drop several IQ's again.
Rin shooting Ichika to power him up? - Lame.
Ichika's idealistic "I will protect everyone!"? - Double lame.
Ichika getting falcon punched? - Awesome
Cecilia's timely Big Damn Heroes? - Meh. I guess it was a little clever. Though I wonder why the teachers didn't get there first. But I guess adults are all useless in this story.
Ichika having to give the final blow? - Destroyed what little decency the fight had left.

Ichika's cluelessness is starting to reach retarded levels, aswell. He can't even tell what's going on when they're arguing over him right in front of him.

A pretty standard episode, I guess.