View Single Post
Old 2012-05-21, 18:17   Link #14
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
There is already a thread on Torchlight 2, but it wasn't very active.
I played the beta a little, from what I played I think it will be a very nice game to play with your friends. Torchlight 1 was heavy dungeon crawling and people didn't like it too much, so with 2 they have large open area's with cave's and such to explore.
I got in on this too; had a great time taking an engineer through it, seeing as this class was the closest to what I tried to do with TL1's alchemist.

Quote:
The look of the game is nice, and the armours are whacky and cool from what dropped for me.
They get kudos, as noted in this thread on the official forums, for managing to keep away from female armor being more for fanservice than function. And now, here's what said engineer and his avian companion look like...

Spoiler for Image and Caption:

Quote:
Torchlight 2 does have some competition when it comes out, Path of exile will also be coming out at the same time (most likely) which is a f2p Hack and Slash.
Which is itself quite fun and challenging in its own right, now that they've revamped monster behavior and added traps and totems. The Viper Strike/Puncture/Vulnerability combo still works wonders for putting bosses, champions, and assorted nuisances in their place...

Spoiler for Explanation:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote