Thread: Licensed Strawberry Panic!
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-17, 07:19   Link #29
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Whoa, can we all cool down a bit here. The bunch of you are arguing about different issues, you are to comparing apples to oranges.

What NeoSam says is correct.

Strawberry Panic! is aimed at a male audience.

Now just because it's aimed at a male audience doesn't mean that females can't read or enjoy it. Nowhere does NeoSam say that females aren't allowed to read or enjoy yuri, nor does he state that yuri is exclusively meant for a male audience.

The point is, series such as Strawberry Panic!, Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~, Kannaduki no Miko, etc. are published and intended for a male audience, i.e. the primary market are males. As far as the publishers are concerned, they don't care who actually purchases it (male or female) but they target such series to males.

There are many other published yuri series targeted for a female audience just as Strawberry Panic! is targeted at a male audience. But this doesn't stop anyone from actually reading either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy
Why is everyone saying male audience...is it any special from other yuri animes?
In the context of this discussion, there are two types of yuri series.
Targeted for females
Targeted for males
So it's only "special" because it's targeted for males. The fact they are targeted in this way does not mean that they are restricted or banned or limited in any other way (except maybe the adverts are more applicable to the intended audience).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Succubus Evaligan
and... the novel... what boy read a novel?
I sorry... but I really don't knows boys that like read novels...
maybe a manga... but a novel?
I read the novel of Maria-sama ga Miteru and it's for girls... is for female audience... all novels that I read... are for female audience.
And this is where you are going wrong. You seem to state that boys do not read novels and that Maria-sama ga Miteru is only for girls. This is basically tosh. People may read and enjoy what they like, they may well be outside the intended demographic of the product but so what.

Maria-sama ga Miteru is intended for a female audience but that doesn't mean males can't watch and enjoy it (as shown by the number of posts from males in the Maria-sama ga Miteru forum here at AnimeSuki.

Now, please stop the arguments (or so called discussion) since you are getting nowhere. This thread is for the discussion of Strawberry Panic! so let's keep it that way.

If you are male or female and enjoy it, good for you.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote