View Single Post
Old 2011-06-09, 06:07   Link #1037
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Ume Aoki- *SHOT*
I am not in any way ashamed to say I would watch the shit out of that show while the rest of the internet spazzed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Or a Madoka-esque troll where it turns out the entire story is grimdark and full of soul-crushing despair.
Even though it would feel a little like they'd copied Madoka, a surprise troll like this would be very enjoyable. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Man though.....I seriously can't believe 18+ people are going to be complaining about a kids show, but unfortunately it's got Gundam in the name so people will have their own idea of what Gundam is and which demographic is allowed to be targeted by it or not.
This. A lot of Gundam fans seem to be under the delusion that they're heading Sunrise's board of directors, and that every Gundam show has to pander to thier individual tastes, and oh woe, now the characters are vaguely young-looking that means it's going to be a kids show for kids and Gundam is dead and it's the apocalypse and oh UC/SEED/other universe[delete as applicable] come save us~! And that may be sarcastic but it's not an exaggeration.
It's not the end of all Gundam forever just because the characters look like they might be from Digimon. As people have pointed out, Gundam fans are being incredibly spoiled lately with the thoroughly beautiful Unicorn. And yet, that's not enough?
Also, and this is important, some people fucking loved Digimon.

Anyway, thoughts. The Gundam itself looks pretty basic. It seems to be drawing from the Beginning's design a fair bit [particularly the shield], but leant more towards the original Gundam with a few added gimmicks like the chest sensor and altered V-fin.
From what we can see of the equipment add-ons, they're looking promising. Given that they seem to armour the whole frame [as opposed to plugging on like Striker packs et al], I get the feeling we're looking at Extreme Gundam's little brother, almost. At any rate, it explains why the base Gundam looks quite basic if it's meant to have all this stuff plugged all over it.
What interests me is the mention of three generations of characters spanning over a century-long war. Handled properly, that could be a very good concept indeed, and I imagine it'll be the making or breaking of this show much more so than the character/mecha designs or whatever trivial things people are worried about. If fans remember this series, it'll be because they rocked the generational thing; if it gets the shit cancelled out of it and fades into obscurity, it'll be because they fluffed that and it wound up feeling rushed or disjointed.

Thought for the day: legions of people hated the Turn-A's design with a passion, but it still got to be MG #100.