View Single Post
Old 2012-07-27, 11:17   Link #37
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Depends on the time period i.e. the anime is still working on the upgrades.
No it doesn't. None of the examples I could name even involve the Shiranui Nigata that the anime's working on, which doesn't enter active service until 2004, a time period that's only briefly touched upon by existing material.

And those close-combat upgrades to the F-15J are reinforcements to the airframe, software mods and alterations to the weapons rack, while the design overhaul to make the Zuikaku was primarily to make the thing less of a heavy fatass. They don't involve shoving on the kind of extra control surfaces that the Fubuki and Shiranui make use of, and the main thruster engines are completely different, so they don't handle the same. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Bottom line, the "Japanese TSFs" that handle differently that they're referring to are primarily referring to TSFs developed domestically by Japan, not anything and everything Japan happens to field. It's commented at one point in the game that the F-4J Gekishin handles like a hefty unresponsive donkey compared to the twitchy Type-97 Fubuki (paraphrasing). They can make the frame lighter and stronger for better maneuverability and better close combat ability, but at the end of the day they aren't forced to stick in and make use of all those extra flaps and fins that the Fubuki and Shiranui do, hence they handle differently. And the Fubuki and Shiranui are what Yuuya has to get used to if he's going to fly the Shiranui Nigata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
NASA's Crawler-transporter is already similar to the German Landkreuzer P 1500 Monster tank. German Landkreuzer is a mobile version of Schwerer Gustav artillery piece.

Alternatively, TSFs could move and manage TSF scaled artillery pieces.
Again. Why invest in unwieldy giant monster tanks and huge TSF-scaled artillery pieces when instead you could have large masses of smaller, easier to manage standard arty to back up the TSFs doing their TSF thing. The bigger the number of shells you pump out, the more are going to get through to the ground instead of being vaporized by laser fire.

Last edited by DoomRavager; 2012-07-27 at 11:39.