View Single Post
Old 2012-02-18, 20:53   Link #252
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Puella magi madoka magica.

My person is feeling deeply offended: am i some fucking genius or this anime is simply aimed to a public made of middle school girls?

The whole show was... too much predictable:

Spoiler for spoiler about the whole plot:

Now, it could also be that since i'm much in the time travelling stuff, i tend to know the personality of somoene who comes from the future (badass attitude, powerful aura, cold, and always aware of what's going on), but beside that, the rest was predictable anyways. I wasn't impressed at all. I wonder why this thing got rated higher than Steins;Gate. It just makes no sense to me, unless the public that rated it is mainly made of middle school girls. If that's the case, i have nothing to blame.

It could also simply be that i never experienced this kind of genre, and do not know what is its goal, and therefore i can't really judge it. However, beside the plot that was easily predictable, i didn't like much the artwork because all the characters looked little and stuffed, and while i could have liked those parallel dimensions with a background reminding me of Dalì's works, in the end i found them wasted for this anime.

Anyways:
Spoiler for ending:

The only thing that surprised me was:
Spoiler for episode 3:

I won't bother rating it because i just didn't like it. I am already missing Arakawa and its freaks under the bridge. That was the show with the kind of humor closest to mine, meaning a rational guy with a huge amount of good sense thrown in a mass of freaks with no good sense at all.

PS: Kyoubei doesn't know shit about thermodinamics: energy doesn't fucking decrease, it's constant, while entropy keeps increasing. Know your place, you little... whatever you are.

Tomorrow i'll start Denpa onna. PMMM wasn't up to my expectations. It looks like tastes really play a huge role in this. I thought i could have appreciated this work, no matter what my tastes were. Oh well, it was my own choice, noone to blame :P

EDIT
Getting back to Arakawa, i loved the VA of Kou and forgot to say that i naturally loved the VA of Okabe in S;G. That played a huge role in the anime.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-02-18 at 21:14.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote