View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 20:37   Link #287
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
That is a lot of text! And now that I think about it, where the hell did Mai get her sword from, and where does she keep it during the day?

Also, they (Key) sure have an obsession with food and wings. Oh, and snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGeneral2000 View Post
I don't think I've ever formally reviewed this series, so here goes.

Spoiler for Shiori:
Yea, I was like "wow, nice counter trolling" :P Shiori has a great philosophy on how to experience life, and I'm sure out of the cast, she'll be the one that parties the best.
Quote:
Overall, I'd say that Kanon was the most melodramatic of the three Key/KyoAni productions. If there's a show that is designed to wring you like a towel of your tears, it's this one. Sometimes, it got it right, and sometimes, it felt like too much. Overall, however, an excellent show.
Kanon, to me, is also the hardest one to watch for these reasons. It's the epitome of Key's excesses, and one's mileage will vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I just finished watching Kanon 2006.

I made a long review of it over here on my blog.
That's exactly what I thought--- santa outfits, lol.

That being said, you brought up one major edge Kanon has over the other key animes. Did they forget how to animate kisses or what?

That's also a nice big Mikuru parallel you drew; the more mature and attractive version of Makoto!

And yea, the anime's indecisiveness in having Yuuichi get close to everyone did hurt the final conclusion a lot. It almost yearns for a Kanon After, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Ya, I agree with is in part why I also felt Angel Beats[7th to me] was only little bit better than it cause I felt it used most of it's time better comparatively, and it had a baseball episode, I mean what kind of key series doesn't have a random baseball episode?
Edit: Also I should mention I felt the middle of the series Mai/Sayuri/Shiori portion was better than good deal of Angel Beats, but a whole level I felt Angel Beats did better to make that clearer.
I felt that Kanon used its time better when it mattered the most, though. -That being said, all 4 Key anime suffer from pretty awful pacing issues at one point or another. Clannad S1 actually had the best, but that really depends if you like Fuko or not.

Quote:
Spoiler for Slightly off topic comment to Triple_R/Archon Wing:
Spoiler for Angel Beats!:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote