Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 01:17   Link #2917
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Hmm? I really see nothing of the sort mentioned in the anime at all. As far as I can see they were about to see new sybillae off. But I see nothing that suggest they were about to go to another timeline at all....
About halfway through ep26, Limone comes in to Dominura, who is lying in bed, and talks about the girls about to try the Rimaajon. Dominura asks if she wants to fly again and Limone says yes, but that Dominura is her pair and if she doesn't want to fly, Limone won't. After Limone leaves, Dominura says that she will do the Emerald Rimaajon for Limone's sake.

Later in the ep, Limone is in the woods with the other girl who wants to be her pair when they catch a glimpse of what is probably Aaeru and Neviril's simoun in a shaft of light among the clouds. Then Dominura appears and asks Limone what kind of sky she wants to go to. Then off they go happily together through the woods, leaving some sparklies of decay-dust behind.

I think that makes it pretty clear that they will take off again, Dominura's state of decay permitting, and try the Emerald and either succeed or go to another time/place.

As for Yun mentioning Dominura's name, it could be as you say, but I was thinking it could also be just that Dominura is a lost comrade, one of those whom Yun wants to stay close to. And Onashia says how happy she is to have someone come and hear her story of never having gone to the spring. If she were really Dominura, I think she would speak to Yun in a different way, since Yun already knows another part of the story. I see the sparkling decay-dust as simply what happens to maidens who refuse to go to the spring. They turn gradually to dust.

On the other hand, Onashia mentions that the Spring is in two place/times. Dominura could have eventually found her way to one of them, after Limone was lost, and then found herself fluctuating between the one and the other, as Onashia.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote