View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 22:20   Link #2221
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Understanding doesn't mean you have to let yourself be killed, though. He's just saying for Cagalli not to be in such a rush to fight another person's war. They may not be the same, but they're related as far as coexisting peacefully with other people is concerned. Actually, it does, because he has now come to understand that not everything in ZAFT is all good and not everything outside of ZAFT is all bad. That's the point. Imagine if Stella was capable of understanding that Kira wasn't an immediate threat at that last moment. Shinn could've eventually got to her instead of her going berserk.

Or imagine if Shinn would've been more understanding that Kira would have no way of knowing that Stella was a victim. He could've worked with him to safely apprehend Stella instead of just blaming Kira for not knowing.
Look, you're not wrong, and I know what you're trying to say, but I guess the point I am trying to make is that yes, those are people understanding, and misunderstanding, but so what? So people understanding each other is good, and misunderstandings are bad, but that's common sense. Just because theres a misunderstanding, doesn't mean the writers are trying to make that a thematic element. When you look in other shows, which make such profound claims as "peace is only reached through understanding" then you know you have something.