View Single Post
Old 2007-12-27, 03:10   Link #120
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Ok about Sana's parents sending him away....

Well I'm going to talk from experience. My friend actually tried to kill himself around a year ago.

His parents and I both realized he was depressed, but we never even began to surmount the possibility of him trying to kill himself. We were always asking what was wrong and we couldn't do anything. In the end it really is the person's fault for not opening up.

Suicidal people are very difficult to deal with, I can tell you that. Its like you now have to watch every single word that comes out of your mouth because you are afraid for them. You start to look down on them for being weak, but you gain an unending pity for them. I actually felt sick just hanging around my friend after the incident. His parents were absolutely not able to do a thing for him. Because they are family it is kind of expected, people who are suicidal often need outside help to feel at ease. Due to my distant conduct that I usually take with most people I wasn't able to really comfort him. I had to introduce him to some other people whom he is now good friends with in order to make him feel better. My relationship with my friend was totally shattered ever since as all I feel while around him is guilt.

This is why I can understand why the parents let Sana go away. They are not able to do anything for him, but perhaps being in his old town would make him better. Sending him away is honestly a great idea, I wish my friend had that opportunity in life to do so as well.

Ok now I digress onto some random topic about M;Y in general. Throughout the show it seems to me like they cut out certain moments and not show them because they are too lazy to create the scene. They leave too many things that need to be assumed. Examples in this episode alone are the proposal, when Sana found Nanaka in the tub, the whole cut to the entire epilogue which happened to be shitty in general, etc. This anime really suffers from putting too much food on its own plate.

Sana's past was crappy. I'm sorry, but if you are going to be adding so many hints and build up to such an event for so many episodes then why the hell would they devote only like 1-2 minutes to it? The storyline behind the watch seemed to have way more significance than a simple bland bully-suicide story.

You know after careful review of this episode I realized I was being way too generous with a rating of an 8. It was completely bland and empty. I was left with nothing in this episode. I am bringing down my original rating to a 6. Nothing special abound this ending, nothing special about the story going on in general. The only good part was the Nanaka story which had its own fling, but even that had poor writing. Ok I'm going to stop here because I might even rate it lower if I go on.