View Single Post
Old 2012-05-13, 14:19   Link #110
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Being Kiritsugu is suffering.

EDIT:

I think UFOtable's mistake was to put Kiritsugu's origin story that late in the series, when they could have been used as "breather" episodes in both seasons. Putting them the way they did have broken the flow of the story for me. Thanksfully, we are back into the action in the next ep.
That is what I thought at first but I think having Kiritsugu's story fresh in our minds will help. If anything, Kirei should have backstabbed Tokiomi before Lancer was defeated. But, it'll all work out in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I'm pretty sure Kiritsugu was making excuses to himself, bringing up Sherry since it was his mistake to not kill her there and then that caused that tragedy on the island. We get to see earlier in the episode that he already linked this case with what happened with last weeks episode, so I don't think it was a bad way IMO.

Also, by the time he broke down and started crying, he was more of cursing himself for what what he had done ...
Yeah, he was talking to himself first. He had thought he would be fine after shooting the rocket but he still felt sadness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
It was more that even though there was a CHANCE to save Natalia, Kiritsugu is the type to always go for the 0% chance of failure, and that meant blowing up the plane.

If this was another series with another hero, they probably would've tried to get her out and might have succeeded.
Another series? More like another writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol, Natalia even uses the same brand of cigarettes as Aozaki Touko (The type we saw Touko giving to Mikiya in Paradox Spiral). Her office is kinda similar too. The first guy we see Kiritsugu shooting has a face similar to Araya Souren.

Great episode. It was truly heartbreaking seeing Kiritsugu cry for Shirley when he killed Natalia (though slightly ruined by the fact that his face looked a little like Caster).
The shock faces are little over done. I find that happens all to often in anime, not just in this series. Luckily they didn't focus in on it and we didn't see it as long as we did with Tokiomi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
that moment it clicked, when he had the case on the boat, i was like, "i know exactly what he's going to do." powerful, powerful episode..

also, yeah, watching this on mother's day. awkward..
I kept hoping he wasn't going to do it. That there was some other option and I was just jumping to conclusions... but then he took the launcher out of the case and it was just... .... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode gave me a different impression from the novel. In the novel, it was made clear by the narration that Natalia was convinced Kiritsugu was in a hotel in New York, and therefore did not have the slightest suspicion he was going blow the plane up. On the other hand, the anime made it seem like she was perfectly aware of what Kiritsugu intended to do and accepted her death, like her dying smile indicates.

Of course, it doesn't change anything for Kiritsugu, but it changes my impression of Natalia's character.
I think she was smiling because she agreed with what he did. She didn't expect it or anything, she just put two and two together.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2012-05-13 at 14:35.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote