View Single Post
Old 2008-04-26, 06:08   Link #318
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Honestly, you can just as well say that what he everything he does can be attributed to the sake of others... and that presently we haven't really come to the point where the needs of others has been fulfilled from his perspective and it doesn't look like they will anytime soon... so until there actually is a change and he does demonstrates such behavior, this is the Lelouch we have to deal with and recognize...<_<
It seems this part summarizes your argument pretty well, right? Although you can argue that everything he does is for the sake of others, it's quite difficult to believe such an argument. For example, would anybody really think Lelouch's primary motivation for gambling is destroying Britannia? We see in Sound Episode 0.916 that he got into it on a whim just so he could make fun of an arrogant noble. So even if you can keep arguing subjectively like that, I can just as easily keep arguing for my side as well, and your side is ultimately harder to try and prove, because you want to say that each and every action of Lelouch's has an altruistic 'for the sake of others' motive.

Anyway, as for your claims that Lelouch doesn't currently have the luxery of acting without considering his loved ones' needs...I'll give you that, but Code Geass is a fast paced show. Things could very well change by the time the ending comes around, wouldn't you agree? And the thing is, like I've pointed out, we already do have demonstrations of Lelouch's behaviour when his friends aren't in danger...the aforementioned gambling, culture festival resistance, and noble berating. I don't think it's a stretch that he would show a similar degree of selfishness if he had accomplished his goals and his friends weren't in danger anymore.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote