View Single Post
Old 2011-03-29, 13:19   Link #36
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
That's because I wasn't talking about that. Someone said that the credits meant nothing. I was saying why they did. That is very relevant, even when talking about fansubs. We got our reputation, that had TokyoPop contact us, through fansubs, BTW.
You're saying this as if it was a good thing...
(I guess you, in the true oldschool fansub "we're doing this to spread anime" fashion, let them have your translations for free? You done got hustled, son. Also, Tokyopop is terrible.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
So to the actual subject at hand:
But to be blunt, since it has been stated many times, why bother doing textless OP/ED when n one will watch them and don't care anyway. Waste of time for a fansubber to go through the trouble for something that no one will watch. And on that subject - if, as stated, no one watches the OP/ED and skips them why do fansub groups bother with karaoke? Seems like a waste of time the. From all the leechers who seem to complain about shows that don't have karaoke you'd be led to believe that they actually do watch the OP/ED. Hmmm, maybe the person who assumes no one watches the OP/ED is mistaken?
If you actually did what people who watch fansubs wanted to you to do, you'd spam a billion translation notes everywhere, have gigantic AFX particle karaoke covering the entire OP/ED and leave as many random Japanese weeaboo terms as possible untranslated. I'm not kidding, this is what a pretty significant majority of people who watch fansubs actually prefer.

In other words, when in doubt, you should do what is likely to piss leechers off, not what they claim to want, and you're likely to end up with a pretty good fansub. In still other words, people who watch anime are in general pretty terrible people.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote