View Single Post
Old 2004-08-08, 22:24   Link #6
Merco
I like pie

[A.D.D. on]
I like the manga better in general because they don't have to be subservient to the parents of the kiddies who don't want their children to see things which are too "graphic".
[A.D.D. off](sorry, but had to add this in)

But to be more specific, the parts I liked in the manga are some of the smaller details...

Like when Gaara was going to the exam, the two hecklers tried to get him to fix the game, and he nailed them instantly with the sand with a perfect shadow effect displaying his insanity. In the anime, the sand was portrayed as running after the hecklers after they were screaming for a few seconds.

Even in this latest episode... Kabuto goes after Naruto with a knife, Naruto caught it between his fingers as he clenched his fist, In the manga Kabuto completely pierced Naruto's hand, and naruto gripped down on Kabuto's fist. It showed Naruto in a more determined light.

Course, there were a couple excesses that I understood why they didn't add it into the Anime... Like when Kakashi nailed Haku instead of Zabuza with the chidori... the chidori went through Haku in the Manga... they only had it hit Haku in the chest in the anime. And Zabuza took off the crooked guy's head at the end instead of just cutting him a bit and throwing him off a cliff.

As far as something I like better in the Anime... the challenge filler where Naruto had to sit on Gamabunta's head all day... I think that part was hilarious, especially the scene where Jiraiya was chilling in the background watching Gamabunta surf the lake with Naruto looking crazy on his head in the classic rodeo pose.
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote