View Single Post
Old 2011-03-19, 13:51   Link #2634
Ceci-chan
(・∀ノゝ)~キラ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I don't really like when May'n speaks in English. She completely skips words or you don't understand them at all. Like, for instance, Yousei... it took me forever to realize she was saying "fairy, realize that I can feel on my soul." And that was in English.
Really? It's pretty clear what she's saying when I listen to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
May'n is not a kid-friendly person in the sense of playing a child or teenager role other than Sheryl, probably.
Nakajima, however, is. And they take advantage of that.
Except she's not a VA. Her primary career is being a music artist, and not always associated with anime.

One of the qualities of May'n's music that I like is that it sounds mature, like music for an older audience. "Get Ready," "Moshimo Kimi ga Negau no Nara," and "XYZ"? Oh yes~ <3 It's catchy, pleasant to the ears, and not every track sounds like a character single (at least, to me. I don't picture Sheryl singing May'n's music anymore since I've picked up Styles, Ready Go!, and If you... over the past year).
Mamegu has been putting out more beautiful songs through Macross lately that I really enjoy, namely "Songbird." More music like that, and I think Mamegu could blow everyone away.
Both artists will be okay in my book as long as they don't try to pull a "Boku wa Kuma." (I don't completely understand why Hikki did that song in the first place, since it's really out of place on her Heart Station album as a children's song.)

Though, I've noticed a change in how May'n sings since the beginning of Macross Frontier. I can't really put my finger on it, but she sounds different now, and I noticed it more with her If you... album and her songs on the Netabare album. It's a positive change, IMO. Her singing sounds more established, I think?
(I'm sorry if it sounds really vague, because I'm not entirely sure how to put it into words myself.)

IIRC, she was uncomfortable with her high-pitch voice at one point because she didn't like the way it sounded, or something along those lines? I remember reading it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
And most Japanese speaks Engrish. Really. Now don't say that "BUT HIKKI. D: SHE SPEAKS ENGLISH WUNDARFULLY" as the counter argument--There are differences if you have stayed abroad and know how weird speaking English with Japanese way of pronouncing words. (FYI, I have a Japanese friend in my training year. I was... Kinda confused when she do presentation in her first year. )
Hikki's childhood spent living in New York and Japan helps her English, too.

|facebook.twitter|
Ceci-chan is offline   Reply With Quote